Within walking distance of antique shopping, historical interests, picnic areas, and tennis courts, sight-seeing, shopping, and religious services.
Within driving distance of antique shopping, casino, historical interests, swamp tours, nature and picnic areas, religious services, zoo, winery and excellent restaurants. Activities include canoeing, fishing, golfing, hiking trails, horseback riding, sailing, sight-seeing, shopping, swimming, and bicycle riding trails.
Scenery includes: Bayous and swamps, moss draped live oak trees.
Avery Island. Features 20-minute tour and film. Factory Viewing Gallery to observe the bottling and packaging operations. Visitors will enjoy the many displays in the newly erected Tabasco® Company Store, which features a variety of gifts and food products. McIlhenny Co. food products can be sampled in the store.
317 East Main Street, New Iberia. National Trust for Historic Preservation. Antebellum home constructed between 1831 and 1834. Daily guided tours.
129 East Main Street in the heart of the New Iberia's downtown historic district.
301 Ann Street, New Iberia. National Register of Historic Places. Tours, country store, coffee and food products and more.
445 East Main Street, New Iberia. Shrine erected in 1941 in memory of pioneer families of New Iberia and re-dedicated in 1967 to Veterans of Foreign Wars from New Iberia who died in service of their country.s
P.O. Box 126, Avery Island. A 200-acre garden featuring special routes for motorcoaches with walking trails to Bird City and the Buddha Temple. The gardens contain a variety of floras including azaleas, camellias and bamboo, as well as fauna including alligators, deer, nutria and raccoons.
This historic town, just a short drive north of New Iberia on the Bayou Teche, is notable because it features a statue of Longfellow’s Evangeline, and might have been the debarking point for many Cajuns following Le Grand Derangement, the infamous expulsion from Nova Scotia.
500 East Main Street, Jeanerette. Featuring a pictorial history of Louisiana’s 200-year-old sugar cane industry.
303 West Main, New Iberia. Oldest church building still in use in New Iberia. Constructed in 1858, and used as field hospital during Civil War.
Planted in 1834, in the heart of New Iberia’s National Registry Historic Residential District.
State of the art museum w/permanent collection of artifacts/memorabilia, permanent rotating exhibit of original paintings by native son Geo Rodrigue.